[plug] Korea and port 12345 (was: MS up to)

Craig Foster fostware at iinet.net.au
Sun Dec 23 11:58:17 WST 2001

Hmmm, remember seeing something like that.

Brings up a good question though....

I receive linux-focus and ms-focus from security focus, have some time
left on the RedHat Network, have important emails forwarded from
MS-BugTraq, regularly check dshields.org, and check El Reg
(theregister.co.uk) for stuff that's missed elsewhere.

But I'm starting to lose control of what's important, and what's not.
The signal-to-noise ratio in all the lists are at all time lows, and I
could have missed the new worm Leon was talking about.

What do people suggest a good linux/ms/network admin read these days to
stay on top of exploits and virii?

Regards,

Craig Foster

PS I've got services on the machine to pickup and block scanners, close
almost all ports, and (obviously) block external DNS. So lists aren't my
only defense...

PPS Dropping The Register is *not* an option!! :)