[plug] Fwd: Use of Open Source Software in Government

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Mon Dec 24 10:55:35 WST 2001

On Mon, Dec 24, 2001 at 09:06:24AM +0800, Steve Grasso wrote:
> Why do you say that Christian? By my reading, Garry _was_ the intended
> recipient, thus not precluded from reproducing the email. OTOH, if _I_ (not
> the intended recipient) reproduced it, perhaps I could be taken to task. Of
> course, IANAL.

You're right, I missed the second "not".  But I wonder what the actual
law is for situations like this.  If an unintended recipient cannot
reproduce it, why can the intended recipient?  After all, as soon as the
intended recipient reproduces and distributes it, doesn't that mean that
now it has been received by unintended recipients?

--
DSA 0x0EC1D28C: BBCB 0D79 4EBB 078A A066  7267 8BED E9D6 0EC1 D28C