[plug] The big question

Peter Wright pete at akira.apana.org.au
Mon Dec 24 14:09:21 WST 2001

On Mon, Dec 24, 2001 at 01:40:36PM +0800, Patrick Tehvand wrote:
> I have a contriversial question for you all

First of all, what on earth were you replying to that virus email for (and
including the text in your message)? I mean, not that it really matters,
but... seemed rather strange. *wry look*

> Which is the best distribution for web hosting and mail server
> applications?
>
> I need an unbias response, and cant seem to find one anywhere.

Probably because it's terribly vague question. It's the sort of question
that you generally shouldn't ask without a LOT of further qualifications
and hopefully indications that you've at least _tried_ (even a little bit)
to find an answer by yourself. That is, even assuming there is an
Answer(tm) (once you've worked out more precisely what the question is :-).

There is another reason to be careful with this sort of question - it's
very easy to start up a really pointless go-nowhere distro flame war. Of
course, that may be exactly what you want, in which case it's an excellent
question *grin*.

To answer your above question, there isn't really an answer. All Linux
distributions that I know of can do the above two functions after pretty
much a default install. You just need to turn the services on.

So, um, they're all the same. :)

> cheers
> spike

Likewise,

Pete the Full Of Cheer.
--
http://akira.apana.org.au/~pete/

--
% cat /usr/include/sys/errno.h
#define	EPERM		1		/* Operation not permitted */