[plug] Fwd: Use of Open Source Software in Government

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Wed Dec 26 11:53:51 WST 2001

On Wed, 26 Dec 2001 11:12, Christian wrote:

> I just remember a big issue that was being made in several newspapers
> (notably the Sunday Times) that a new law forbade people from forwarding
> emails.

Hey, if it's in the Sunday Times it must be true, right? =)

> But the
> issue was later clarified and I remember someone official saying

Daryl Williams, the A-G.

>  It could
> be interpreted as a clear indication that the email is private and thus
> is not to be redistributed.

I'd like to see it tested in court.

skribe
--
Public key information available at:
http://www.amber.com.au/~skribe/publickey.html

When my freshman roommate at Cornell found out I was Jewish, she was, at
her request, moved to a different room.  She told me she didn't think she
had ever seen a Jew before.  My only response was to begin wearing a
small Star of David on a chain around my neck.  I had not become a more
observing Jew; rather, discovering that the label of Jew was offensive to
others made me want to let people know who I was and what I believed in.
Similarly, after talking to these young women -- one of whom told me that
she didn't think she had ever met a feminist -- I've taken to identifying
myself as a feminist in the most unlikely of situations.
		-- Susan Bolotin, "Voices From the Post-Feminist Generation"