[plug] Re: Toshiba 2650XDVD hangs on logout

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Thu Dec 27 06:55:53 WST 2001

On Wednesday 26 December 2001 11:59, Wayne Vovil wrote:
> Well I got the 20gb hdd installed and the Toshiba (2650XDVD) reinited (with
> orig software) for $365. The 6gb is probably about 9 months old by memory
> (no pun intended).

> [...] help me get my SuSE 7.1 prof prob resolved
> (it works great; but when I logout it hangs and has to be rebooted - I
> think this is due to the pcmcia cards - it worked ok without these).

When you say ``needs to be rebooted,'' have you tried leaving it for a while
(say, half an hour) in case it's only spinlocking on something and times out.
Waiting for nonexistent DNS service is a common item here.

When you say ``when I logout'' I presume that you're running in graphics mode
and this is when your video gets reset before loading xdm or kdm.

What type of video chipset does the beastie have?

Have you tried again without the PCMCIA cards? If more than one, what
combinations have you tried?

Cheers; Leon