[plug] Smoothwall IDS/snort question

Steve Grasso steveg at calm.wa.gov.au
Thu Dec 27 14:07:00 WST 2001

Suggestions:

- Grab the latest SE release from Smoothwall. It's 0.9.9 with all the patches
pre-applied

- Read the ample installation and user documentation

- Make sure your NICs are supported (most are), are working, and you know the
configured I/O mem address and IRQ of any ISA cards (just in case)

- Check the hardware requirements. Stick with P100, 32MB RAM, 1.2GB HDD or
better, even though Smoothwall may work fine on lesser spec machines.

- Enjoy the painless install and easy-to-use admin interface.

Regards,
Steve