[plug] machine is hanging on reaching the bootloader

Patrick Tehvand Patrick at perthix.net
Fri Dec 28 11:47:57 WST 2001

Ta.

worked fine

cheers

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima [mailto:tony at cantech.net.au]
Sent: Friday, 28 December 2001 11:38 AM
To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
Subject: RE: [plug] machine is hanging on reaching the bootloader

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Patrick Tehvand wrote:

> no it is hanging when it gets to the L character of lilo

Oh ....

In that case boot from the floppy
get to the /etc on your hard drive (all partittions)
edit lilo.conf add a "linear" line near the top (nera prompt)
then run $a/sbin/lilo -r $a
Where $a is the dirname wher you real root filesystem is mounted.
Then reboot, hopefully that will fix it for you.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein
 */