[plug] blowing away WindowsME

Sol solhanna at dingoblue.net.au
Sat Dec 29 15:51:02 WST 2001

Trent Lloyd wrote:

> can you boot from a cdrom? or perhaps even a network boot might be
> possible?

No can do. Just tried booting from cdrom just 2 minutes ago - Boot
failed. Have tried messing with the BIOS settings to no avail. And
there's no network card so that's ruled out too.
I've been on the web too. The closest example was at
http://hushome.com/linux/ibmtp1200-howto.html  Unfortunately, we haven't
even got to step one.
The problem for us isn't so much installing Linux as getting rid of
WinME. (This isn't really OT though - blowing away windows is of
interest to most Linux people. :)