[plug] blowing away WindowsME

Sol solhanna at dingoblue.net.au
Sat Dec 29 17:21:52 WST 2001

Trent Lloyd wrote:

> what sort of boot disk are you making and how are you making one
> try for example getting the debian boot disk (ftp.debian.org) and
> using rawritewin to write it and see if it boots
> or some other bootdisk (some DOS disk from www.bootdisk.com)

All sorted! I ended up using dd if=cdrom.img of=/dev/fd0 on my Debian
box to make a Mandrake boot disk which managed to get the install
process working. (NB: this didn't work with Red Hat). The install of
Mandrake 8.0 took less than twenty minutes and everything seems to work
fine except the internal winmodem which can be fixed in due course.

Sweet.....

Thankyou Trent and Harry!

And a Happy New Year to the whole PLUG crew,

Sol