[plug] Sending a VI session to the background

Bernard bernard at blackham.com.au
Sat Dec 29 22:20:13 WST 2001

On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 10:10:55PM +0800, Michael Hunt wrote:
> While I was making changes to a text file I believe I have inadvertently
> sent the edited file to a background process and now I cant edit the file as
> it say it is read only. Does anyone know how I can get beck to my original
> VI session ???

Michael,

If you managed to background it by inadvertently pressing Ctrl+Z or
typing ":st" or something, then you should be able to get it back by
just typing "fg" at bash. Typing "jobs" will show you the processes
running under bash that might be backgrounded or suspended. "man
bash" and search for JOB CONTROL or something, will give you details
if you're intrigued.

Unless you suspended it somehow else, I can't help sorry.

Regards,

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham