[plug] Dillo - lightweight GTK-based web browser, worth a look

Peter Wright pete at akira.apana.org.au
Sun Dec 30 02:15:54 WST 2001

Some of you may already have met Dillo - but knowing that there are sodding
thousands of apps in the opensource software world and sometimes it's very
easy to miss a rather good one, I thought I'd briefly mention it for those
who might be interested (and, by implication, haven't heard of it).

When I first ran it (ie. about an hour ago) my reaction (and I have read in
the mailing list archives that at least one other person had a similar
reaction :) was to blink then think "what? it's loaded already???"

Okay, it's alpha - okay, it doesn't have a lot of features, but _damn_ it's
small and fast. Lynx and Links (text-only browsers) are probably faster,
but only just. :)

http://dillo.sourceforge.net/

Pete.
--
http://akira.apana.org.au/~pete/

--
A language that doesn't have everything is actually easier to program
in than some that do.