[plug] ADSL in Perth-unknown, but driver modem news

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Thu Feb 1 12:40:27 WST 2001

On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 12:09:35PM +0800, daniel at iinet.net.au wrote:
> >Specifically, iinet, bigpond and iprimus are all offering static IP ADSL
> >connections. However, from what I have heard, there have been some
> >problems with reliability and continuity of service over in Sydney.

And in Perth.

I have 16 IPs statically over a 256 kbps linkwith Iinet ADSL. It routes
locally to Iinet, not to Victoria or wherever it is that Telstra ADSL
pops out onto the backbone at. I am using a router modem, not a
'Home' bridge modem.

Reliability: around 29% downtime over the last 16 hours, mostly in
blocks of 16 - 17 minutes. *sigh*

I'd be interested to hear of others with a similar situation. I had a single
IP in bridge mode for a week or so, and that was top notch, but as it
currently stands...

  James

--
 James Bromberger <james_AT_rcpt.to> www.rcpt.to/~james