[plug] Help with sendmail please?

Paul Dean paul at canningcollege.wa.edu.au
Thu Feb 1 17:02:00 WST 2001

At 04:23 PM 1/02/2001 +0800, you wrote:
>Chris Griffin wrote:
> >
> > Not being anything near an expert with sendmail, could someone please
> > advise me on how I can trap all email coming from certain email addresses
> > and "trash" them please?
>
>Check out the access_db section of this page:
>
>http://www.sendmail.org/m4/anti-spam.html
>
>Colin

mmmm yes you can do this, once you setup your sendmail.mc file first so you
can then create you sendmail.cf file then create your access_db file

but creating a procmailrc file means that you can send the mail to
/dev/null, you can do this as a global and/or per user setting. access_db
is only global.

but it's up to you... I prefer procmail because it allows you setup some
nice filters and works real nice with sendmail.

I believe you have sendmail all working ok?

Regards

Paul Dean
IT Support Officer
Canning College