[plug] ReiserFS and Mandrake 7.2

Steve Vertigan vertigan at bigfoot.com
Fri Feb 2 15:52:42 WST 2001

I've just gotten another hard drive which I plan to transfer my /home
partition to and I thought I might try ReiserFS.   I plan to mount the
drive under a running system, create a ext2 partition for / and a
ReiserFS for /home then copy all my files from existing /home to the new
directory.  Then reboot into the Mandrake 7.2 install cd and go as per
usual.  My question is.

1) I presume the install process will detect an existing ReiserFS
partition and there are no hidden pitfalls?
2) What's the state of ReiserFS support for most rescue disks?

I'll probably be using Mandrake patched 2.2 kernel rather than 2.4 for
the next little while at least.

Regards,
Steve

--
FreeBSD maestro.dhis.org 3.4-STABLE i386
 3:45PM  up 17 days, 20:47, 1 user, load averages: 0.01, 0.00, 0.00