[plug] Buffer full

Steve Grasso steveg at calm.wa.gov.au
Tue Feb 6 09:14:55 WST 2001

Buffer underruns can also be caused by ever-changing CD dye-lots, requiring
re-calibration of the burner's laser. Updating the burner's drivers (if
available) may help. Changing your brand of CD may help. I've had best
success in this regard using TDK blues, the blue azo dye being more reliable
in my experience.

HTH,
Steve

On Tue, 06 Feb 2001, Dennis Plester wrote:
> Nigel wrote:
>
> "Hi list,
>
> Lately I have been using gdrdao (a front end for cdrdao) to burn VCDs.
> Today when i went to write the CD I got a buffer underrun error. On looking
> at gdrdao, I now see see that the buffer size is set to 0. I tried rebooting
> the machine (i wanted to do a new kernel compile anyways), and running it as
> soon as I started X to see if any other programs might be causing the
> problem. No luck.

[heavy snipping]

> Another option is to reduce the burn speed. If your computer
can't keep up > at 4x, try 2x and then 1x. Try the burn using simulate or
dummy burn mode if > the software supports it. If you make it through a
simulation without buffer > underrun, you will be able to burn the CD with any
buffer problems. That > way, you can try it without making coasters.