[plug] linux and the ATO

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.wattle.id.au
Wed Feb 7 08:41:36 WST 2001

> AFAIR In Australia the source code still remains copyright and
> departments/developers are under NO obligation to release it...

We could mount a Freedom of Information Act application.  They would be
able to weasel their way out of it, but maybe for public relations
reasons (if we put out a Press Release from ourselves and the other
LUGs) they wouldn't want to.  Can PLUG spare $30 from its coffers for
the application fee?

--
Independent consulting solicitor* | _ .__ ._ _    |\/| _.| _ _ |._ _
and technology consultant.**    \_|(/_|(/_| | |\/ |  |(_||(_(_)|| | |
* http://www.ilaw.com.au ** http://www.terminus.net.au jm at ilaw.com.au