[plug] linux and the ATO

Bob Ogden bob at contact.omen.com.au
Wed Feb 7 08:34:07 WST 2001

A couple of points on this...

In <MEEJIHACINNIELCJEOPKKEGJCAAA.wombat at wa.apana.org.au>, on 07/Feb/2001
   at 05:59 AM,(+0800 GMT)
"John Breen" <wombat at wa.apana.org.au> said:

>AFAIR In Australia the source code still remains copyright and
>departments/developers are under NO obligation to release it...

This would probably be concidered the intelectual property of "the Crown"
or posibly the Commonwealth and as such there is likely to be a duty of
care to see that the property is not squandered.  However having said
that, its not going to hurt to ask for the source :).

I should point out too that while emailing the ATO is fine a letter would
be given far greater consideration.

Java?  Who was it who said " If java had tuely efficient garbage
collection most java apps would delete themselves on execution" :).

--
/-- Bob Ogden  bob at contact.omen.com.au --------------/