[plug] Remote backup of SMB mounted NTFS drive

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Feb 7 21:06:10 WST 2001

or:

wdk at Ralph ~ $ smbtar
Usage: smbtar [<options>] [<include/exclude files>]
Function: backup/restore a Windows PC directories to a local tape file
  -r             Restore from tape file to PC  Save from PC to tapefile
  -i             Incremental mode              Full backup mode
  -a             Reset archive bit mode        Don't reset archive bit
  -v             Verbose mode: echo command    Don't echo anything
  -s <server>    Specify PC Server
  -p <password>  Specify PC Password
  -x <share>     Specify PC Share              backup
  -X             Exclude mode                  Include
  -N <newer>     File for date comparison
  -b <blocksize> Specify tape's blocksize
  -d <dir>       Specify a directory in share  \
  -l <log>       Specify a Samba Log Level     2
  -u <user>      Specify User Name             wdk
  -t <tape>      Specify Tape device           tar.out

Please enter a command line parameter!
wdk at Ralph ~ $