[plug] File Size limit

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 16:06:47 WST 2001

--- "Earnshaw, Mike" <earnshawm at wa.switch.aust.com>
wrote:
> Pluggers,
> Is there a file size limit in Linux/Samba?

As said, 2Gb is (was?) the limit for ext2.

You could look into SGI's XFS. I haven't used it, only
read about it, but it's supposed to be a fully 64-bit
filesystem (even on 32bit systems). I gather it has
maximum file sizes of something like 9 million
terabytes, which should last us for a few more
years...

Andrew

=====
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?