[plug] vmware issues (was Re NFS)

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Sun Feb 11 15:50:17 WST 2001

> Yes thanks BernardI have just relised this  what a bummer I was under the
> impression that i could boot a allready installed Win98 system via vmware or
> at least use the existing installed packages.
Bob,

Actually, sorry I forgot to mention that you can boot an already existing
system. Oops! You can create a configuration with the windows partition as
the primary master and what ever else (cd-rom etc), which lets you run
your existing windows. Only issues are that when you do this, Windows will
install a whole new set of drivers for the vmware machine. Which is fine
if you stick with it, but when you boot real Windows next time (if you're
ever that way inclined), then it will redetect all the real hardware
again. But it shouldn't matter if it works right :) *deep sigh*

Sorry I forgot to mention this before! Thinking at 1am is never
recommended...

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham