[plug] voodoo 3 and PCI GeForce

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sun Feb 11 16:14:16 WST 2001

Clint Carlson wrote:

> lo and behold, the Packard Bell I have has no jumper to disable the onboard
> video. I had the idea of intallilling Mandrake then copying the config files
> over, but also to no avail ... any other ideas out there anyone?

Use an axe? (-:

Pull the drive out, boot another box from it (this is not Windows, you
won't have a billion or so ``Unknown Device'' drivers installed when you
do this) with the GEForce card in, do the GEForce config, pull the whole
circus out and return it all to the Pickled Gong, see what happens.

--
There is one very very important thing one must realize before even
attempting to use vi: there are two "modes." Don't ask why. "Why" is