[plug] loadlin

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Sun Feb 11 23:01:29 WST 2001

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Squirrel wrote:

> what parrameters can I pass to loadlin to execute my boot image is the
> image file called "vlmlinuz"

The image is usually called vmlinuz, but it really doesn't matter what
it's called, so long as it's a kernel image that has the drivers to read
your boot drive (ie it has the IDE drivers, or the appropriate SCSI
drivers)

Then it's

loadlin vmlinuz root=/dev/XXXX ro

where /dev/XXXX is your boot partition

(eg /dev/hda2 or /dev/sda3 or /dev/sdb5 etc)

Do a search for loadlin on the PLUG mailing list archives for full
instructions on how to set up loadlin as a permanent boot system, using
the config.sys menu system.

 - Matt