[plug] Linux in _home_ education

David Griffiths griffith at environ.wa.gov.au
Mon Feb 12 11:45:58 WST 2001

>What points should I be careful not to miss?

The biggest barrier for a lot of people to using linux at home for anything
I think is still the difficulty of installation and learning to use the new
OS vs using the windows that is most likely already installed, running
software that most people are already familiar with.

I'd suggest including some creative ways of making that hurdle a manageable
one, eg inviting the 14 yearold linux whiz down the street to do the
install and some basic training in return for some pizza (or whatever has
currency with 14 year olds these days) etc etc.

cheers,

Dave.