[plug] Linux and children

Ari Finander spodosaurus at start.com.au
Sun Feb 11 14:12:00 WST 2001

Regarding computer input devices for children, I ran into Adina
Solutions at Computer Expo 2000 with their products 'Tiny Mouse' (a
child sized scroll mouse) and 'Little Fingers Keyboards'.  Phone
0500-881-088 and Fax 08-93626561 in Carlisle, WA.  I only remember
them in passing, so I can't say anything either way about the comany
or their products.

Ari

Original message from: Leon Brooks <leon at brooks.fdns.net>

>Christian wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 06:25:33PM +0800, David Griffiths wrote:
>>> You touched on some good points there Bill. One of the things that
you made
>>> me think of too is that the suitability of linux probably varies
with age
>>> to some extent. My kids _really_ struggled getting a password in
correctly
>>> at age 6 (due to lack of keyboard skills) for example, but now do
it

>> One solution to this would be to have no password on the account
and
>> disallowing remote logins to that account (or to the machine
entirely).

>Or if the machine is dedicated to the child, log them in
automatically
>on powerup, and rely on physical security.
>
>I recently found a USB mouse, suitable for tiny hands, at
OfficeWorks.