[plug] OpenSSH 2.3.0

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sat Feb 17 21:04:47 WST 2001

Thomas, Andre wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just updated to OpenSSH 2 however I am having a few difficulties on a
> particular box of ours that I just cannot.

>     - PAM rejected by account configuration;

Compare /etc/pam.d/sshd with /etc/pam.d/login (the dir may be different
if you're not using a redHattish distro (Mandrake, SuSE etc)). You may
need to change the paths to the PAM modules. If nothing else works, try
copying the lines in login that already exist in sshd (oh, yes, and make
a copy of it before you start!). I don't think you need to restart sshd
for each try but it might be a good ritual.

--
Our observation is that there is no correlation at all between
students who have been ranked as high in the educational system or