[plug] Seagate Travan drives, possibly Seagates worst product ?

Campbell, David (Ex AS17) david.j.campbell at honeywell.com
Sun Feb 18 12:11:52 WST 2001

DDS tapes (as a generalisation with my experience with DDS2) I would not
rate as reliable storage for anything beyond a month (almost lost a client
backup but had a duplicate copy in another country we could recover...).

The only thing that is in favour for DDS is the drive is cheap compared to
DLT. (although I haven't priced DDS4 drives).

David Campbell