[plug] findns error

Thomas, Andre thomasa at wa.switch.aust.com
Mon Feb 19 14:38:13 WST 2001

Hi,

Thanks to those who responded to my ssh error; not resolved as yet but
have a bigger issue pon the plate atm.  DNS seems to be broken.  I have
noticed the following things:

	- server will not resolve itself with an nslookup (image problem
/ low self esteem?);
	- /usr/bin/DHCP-DNS/fixedips seems to get stuck when run - this
one of the cron jobs;
	- in the logs, the following appears when trying a snlookup on
itself:
		sysquery :  findns error (NXDOMAIN) on server.domain ?

Restarting or reloading /etc/rc.cd/init.d/named does not produce
results.  /etc/rc.cd/init.d/named status points out that the
"configuration file is NOT loaded".  It is a RH 6.0 box.

All help appreciated.

   André Thomas
   Computer Systems Support
   UNION SWITCH & SIGNAL