[plug] Alpha and Indigo-2

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Feb 19 18:42:32 WST 2001

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 03:53:45PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> I've been given an Alpha (Digital 3000)
[...]

Barring any recent developments - Linux doesn't support Turbochannel
machines like that one. OpenBSD was making some progress towards them,
and your other options are NetBSD, Digital UNIX, Tru64 5.0 (not 5.1)
and VMS. The UCC runs Digital UNIX 4.0d on its one.

Which reminds me <wanders off to give his Multia a kick>...

(my previous try was a netboot with the Debian potato tftpboot.img,
which downloads fine, then resets the machine. ::-( )

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal