[plug] Common ground (was: M$ needs to educate lawmakers)

alan howard alanh at wn.com.au
Tue Feb 20 19:07:06 WST 2001

> No, Microsoft are working very hard to dominate the music distribution
> industry (amongst many other things), note for example that WMP gets
> installed by practically every new Microsoft product or upgrade, and
> Microsoft is touting a secure-end-to-end music path through Windows -
> right down to the very sound-card, in theory.

 apologies, i've had my head in the sand ( again) :-)
i havnt used ms much since i was conned into downgrading from 3.11 to 98 (
about 2 years ago) and found it to be very slugish and unstable ( in
comparision to 3.11) and changed to mandrake 6.0, then 7.0 and now 7.2

on a different subject, does anyone know of annother way of getting nutscrape
6.1 , appart from using their installer as it always seems to crash or stall
completly before its completed downloading and installing.

regards
alan howard