[plug] Wine and patches

Dennis Plester dennisp at tiwest.com.au
Thu Feb 22 15:16:49 WST 2001

Trevor wrote:

"Does the TransGaming patch add any big enhancements other than Direct3D?

I went with the standard Wine Debian package, and it works fine for OpenGL
apps, no patches or source compilation required. Direct3D would be nice,
tho..."

Yeah it would be nice. OpenGL is king, but there are still a wealth of fine
titles that use Direct3D. As for other enhancements, I can't recall exactly,
but from what I understand, it offers better DirectDraw and DirectPlay
support as well, plus additional compatibility with Microsoft's install
shield stuff.

Dennis.