[plug] For the Debianites

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Thu Feb 22 16:23:36 WST 2001

Matt Kemner wrote:

> >From Debian Weekly News:
>
> "And speaking of apt, apt 0.5 just made it into unstable! This major new
>  revision of apt includes features like "apt-get build-dep", to download
>  a source package, satisfy build dependencies, and build it. And it
>  supports the pinning feature, to allow for commands like "apt-get
>  install mozilla/unstable" (which installs unstable's version of mozilla
>  onto a testing or stable system)."
>
> Whoo!

Yeah, I noticed that too! *drool*

> Now I just need to work out how to set up my sources list so if I give it
> access to stable and unstable, it installs stable by default unless I use
> the /unstable suffix.

Don't forget testing! ^_^
If you figure it out, could you let us know how? Having a patchy system myself
(mostly potato, with bits of woody, and some sid), I've wanted this feature for
a loooong time...

> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/shoop.html
> "we have added object orientation to plain old shell script."

Scary!

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :