[plug] Problems with kpilot

Phillip Steege psteege at tpg.com.au
Thu Feb 22 20:05:30 WST 2001

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to get my PalmPilot connected up to my
mdk7.2 distro.
I tried using kpilot and am having problems with the compile.
when I do the ./configure it says I am missing some files, but they seem to
be there.
Here is the screen output of the ./configure attempt:

checking for the third argument of getsockname... size_t
checking for socket in -lsocket... no
checking for killpg in -lucb... no
checking for QT... configure: error: QT-1.4 or greater (headers and
libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
[root at localhost kpilot]# rpm -qa|grep qt
qt2-2.2.1-3mdk
qt-1.44-28mdk
qtcups-1.0-14mdk
qt-qgl-1.44-28mdk
qt-qimgio-1.44-28mdk
qt2-devel-2.2.1-3mdk
[root at localhost kpilot]#

Any ideas will be appreciated.

I tried jpilot also, but the hotsync operation keeps dying half way through,
and I was only syncing at 9600 baud.