[plug] Bad blocks in Swap

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Fri Feb 23 12:03:58 WST 2001

Garth Atkinson wrote:

> I didnt think that 'mkswap -c' did anything other that report the
> bad blocks.

I wonder then, what fills out the bad block bitmap at the start of each
swap partition?
I have not found any documentation that explicitly says the -c switch
does anything but what you suggest, but investigating the swap process
a little further reveals either a bitmap of bad blocks, for the v0 swap
signature, or a list of bad blocks for the v1 swap signature.
I see no other way of entering a bad block list into the swap signature.

--
Brad....
                   /"\