[plug] Linux telephony - open source software *and* hardware

Tony Clark tclark at telia.com
Sat Feb 24 14:52:16 WST 2001

At 09:43 AM 2/24/2001 +0800, you wrote:

>   http://www.bsdtelephony.com.mx/
>
>which looks really, really interesting.  Does anyone know enough about
>the concepts involved to guess whether it could work in Australia?

The hardware wouldn't work in Oz unless it is modified to E1 or you somehow
convince Telstra that you really must have a T1 link.(No Chance) Then you
would have to get it AUSTEL or what ever they are called now, to test and
approve it for connection to the PSTN.  No small feat I can assure you and
very expensive.