[plug] Linux Programmer required

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Tue Feb 27 14:40:47 WST 2001

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 09:27:34AM +0800, Brian Tombleson wrote:
> > I placed a similar ad in the West Australian Saturday's employment
> > section and got one phone call. Did I say something wrong or what?
>
> Yeah, the 40K bit :)

That, and, well, Qt is not terribly well known, and if you're wanting Qt
experience you're not too likely to get it here, even at a higher rate (and
even good graduates would know they can get more than 40K).

Also, most IT people I know mainly look for jobs online (or through a pimp
:), and so very rarely look in the newspaper.

On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 06:19:57PM -0800, Wayne Vovil wrote:
> You won't get anyone except a newbie for $40k. Try $65k and you might get
> a response! C++ contractors are getting about $65 per hour + GST.

At ERG maybe :).

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 10:53:09AM +0800, David Griffiths wrote:
> I wouldn't expect that there would be many QT programmers looking for
> work in Perth.

Well, there's at _least_ one (me), but I'm not looking for work
specifically in Qt, I just wouldn't find it. If you're able to consider
more money, email me privately. Otherwise, good luck. :)

> cheers,
> Dave.

Pete.
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

--
FROG: How you English say:  I one more time, mac, I unclog my nose towards
      you, sons of a window-dresser,  so, you think you could out-clever us