[plug] Advantages of Linux-based firewalls?

Campbell, David (Ex AS17) david.j.campbell at honeywell.com
Wed Feb 28 10:29:34 WST 2001

> Christian wrote:
>> Its pretty much near impossible to bring linux to it's knees with a few
>> malformed packets too.
>
> Same with Windows if you install all the patches...

Huh? Have you seen some of the queer results some of the patches have?
An old classic is people installing NT4.0, then the service pack and then
the network configuration (Arrrggg!!!! What is this event "Server could not
start
due to insuficient resources")

Currently the "Imbecile Twits" (IT) in Sydney for my company are having
fun with the routing tables. These people are likely to disallow Linux as
"It is a hackers tool that can bring servers down". Sound familar anyone?

David Campbell