[plug] bringing insert-OS-here to its knees

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Wed Feb 28 11:03:01 WST 2001

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 10:48:44AM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:

> Windows 9X, definitely not. At last count, it was still possible to send
> semi-random ICMP to a 9X box and sooner or later it dies. Admittedly,
> doing the same thing to a Linux box will eventually fill up /var/log but
> we're talking weeks/months here, not seconds.

Do you have any links to further info about this vulnerability?
Microsoft has been pretty good about releasing patches in recent times
so I'd be suprised if this problem exists and isn't fixed.  However,
your words "sooner or later it dies" makes it sound like Windows normal
behaviour and not really linked to any actual malicious attack... ;-)