[plug] Nutscrape 4.74 etc

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 1 21:33:27 WST 2001

They did, its apparently compiled against the current glibc instead of
compatibility libs that point back to whatever was current with RH5.2.
I cannot remember where I saw the details but they can probably be found
somewhere.  The current Mandrake 4.76 is quite stable and usable - treat
earlier versions (of any Netscape) with suspicion as some have quite
serious security holes, particularly java/javascript - I seem to
remember 4.74 was current when some real baddies were found?.

BillK