[plug] xvidtune

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Tue Jan 2 14:36:59 WST 2001

Bernard Blackham wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Leon Brooks wrote:
>>> Does anybody know of any reasons why xvidtune wouldn't work? First time
>>> I've tried to use it on this machine and it doesn't actually move the
>>> display (not that I can notice), nor does it report any errors, at any
>>> resolution. I'm using XFree 3.3.6 with an S3 Savage3D card, 15" SVGA
>>> display. I can't seem to dig up anything on xfree86.org or elsewhere.

>> If you don't enable ``Auto'' mode or hit the ``Update'' button from time
>> to time, it doesn't write your changes to the display.

> I'm doing so. The display flickers as if to change modes, yet there's no
> noticiable difference. Even with Auto on, I can hit left and right as many
> times as I want (within xvidtune's limits) and it doesnt do a thing to my
> display's position.

You *are* running it as root? (I guess it woulkdn't flicker the display
otherwise)

More sanity checking: the numbers do change when you click?

Perhaps your monitor is being too clever, but even so you should get an
error sooner or later, as the values become impossible.

--
double value;                /* or your money back! */
short changed;               /* so triple your money back! */