[plug] unsubscribe - further comment

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Sun Jan 7 23:28:12 WST 2001

Navarre wrote:

> And the list manager changed, and he changed the list software -
> possibly rendering the original instructions worthless.

... and the list manager sent a message out at the time detailing exactly
how to unsubscribe from the new list.  That message, as well as
several others that have been sent to the list with unsubscribe
instructions since, are all available from the archives, the
location of which has been sent to the list many, many times, and is also
available on the website.

> Matt please inform the list again how to unsubscribe to the PLUG mailing
> list.

send a message containing any of the words
"unsubscribe","unsub","desub","sign off",
"off","cancel","leave","delete","remove"

in either the subject OR the body to plug-request at plug.linux.org.au

You have a valid point regarding the occasional toxicity of some members
of this list versus some newbie questions, but I'm not sure (other than
the updating of the webpage, which probably won't get read anyway) if we
can make the how-to-unsubscribe-info any clearer, or more importantly if
people will bother reading it if we do.

I run another list, which adds the unsubscribe info as a footer to every
message it sends out.  That list gets just as many unsubscribe attempts to
the main list address as the PLUG list does.  People don't bother reading.

 - Matt