[plug] URL for kernel patches

Kim Covil kimc at zydeco.ned.dem.csiro.au
Mon Jan 8 12:16:55 WST 2001

> Does anyone know of a good url for common kernel patches?  I'm about to
> download the 2.4 kernel but it seems the vanilla kernels are always
> missing nifty features that one finds in the kernel of a distribution
> like Mandrake.  Of particular interest is supermount, but if anyone
> knows of a place which catalogues all the possible patches out there I'd
> like to hear of it.

Do a google search for them (at least that's what I do...) and if you
can't find them there then I try and get a Mandrake src rpm and look in
the spec file (as I had to do to find the supermount page)

however I haven't managed to get the supermount patch to patch against
the released 2.4.0 kernel and I can't work out the required mods to make
to get it to compile (once I have got the patch in)

You can find the supermount patches at:

http://www.geocities.com/alexismikhailov/supermount.html

Let me know if you manage to get it to compile with the released 2.4.0
(I get a compile error due to an incorrect number of parameters for the
writepage function)

Cheers

Kim
Kim Covil - CSIRO Exploration & Mining   E-mail: kimc at ned.dem.csiro.au
            PO Box 437, Nedlands,        Tel: +61 8 9284 8425   ,-_!\
            Western Australia  6009      Fax: +61 8 9389 1906  /     \
                                                               *_,-._/
   Please direct all personal e-mail to kimbotha at covil.com.au