[plug] Creating a user account

Brian Tombleson brian at ParadigmIT.com.au
Tue Jan 9 06:36:36 WST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Tan" <shishio at dingoblue.net.au>
> > > James Tan wrote:
> > >
> > > When I installed RH6.0, I chose custom which did not ask me to create
> > > a user account other than root. Now I am trying commands like
> > > adduser
> > # cd /usr/sbin
> > # ls | grep user
> > should show at least useradd if not adduser.
> > Steve

For your interest, a very useful command is 'apropos'

$ apropos user

Amongst other things, the output includes:

useradd (8)          - Create a new user or update default new user
information
userdel (8)          - Delete a user account and related files
usermod (8)          - Modify a user account

When you are looking for 'the command to do XXX', try apropos XXX.

'man apropos' for more information.

 HTH

-Brian.