[plug] modem selection

shevedd at q-net.net.au shevedd at q-net.net.au
Tue Jan 9 22:24:09 WST 2001

I need to bye a modem to use on my linux box at home.

I taking back the one I got earlier because it was cheep (and had a satisfaction warranty) and am going to get a better on.

Can you pleas tell me what models you use and where you surest I get one.

I want an external modem and serial is easiest.

I know they should all work the same but I've had one not work and I don't want to take the chance again.

I am now leaning towards some from us robotics, 3com specifically the 5630 and the 5668. .

Thanks in advance for any and all advice

Edward Doernberg