[plug] NewbieQ:Easy Graphical Setup/Management tools forSendmail/Qmail/etc?

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Wed Jan 10 10:23:40 WST 2001

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 01:07:45AM +0800, Steve Vertigan wrote:
> 1) Set up qmail for local mail using Maildir (not mailboxes).  Also set
> up DJB's pop3 server if you want this also, it's the only one that will
> work with Maildir to my knowledge.  The install process isn't like most
> programs but if you follow the README file that comes with the main
> distribution religously you shouldn't have any problems.  Make sure you
> can succesfully send mail to local users.

Without wanting to get into a religious war, I recommend Postfix instead
of qmail.  It's closer to the de facto standard of 'sendmail' in
behaviour so you may find some advantages in terms of getting it setup
and to work with commonly used programs.  Also, it incorporates some
easy-to-configure anti-spam features (although the others probably do
this too).