[plug] problems configuring environment variables

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Wed Jan 10 12:36:33 WST 2001

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 12:29:26PM +0800, Gavin Corfield wrote:

> I am trying to set CLASSPATH and add an extra directory to PATH
>
> I have tried using
>
> export CLASSPATH=[directory-path]
> but these works only for the session I am currently in if at all

It will work for all processes which inherit their environment from the
parent process (shell) in which you've executed that command.  If you
want it to apply from all processes spawned from all shells then add it
to the ~/.bashrc file which executes every time a shell is started.

Regards,

Christian.