[plug] Syquest Compat.

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat Jan 13 11:44:57 WST 2001

On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 08:57:37AM +0800, Matthew McGinley wrote:
> I Have an old Syquest SCSI cartridge drive laying around, and I was
> wondering if anyone knew how to get it working or if there was a thrid
> party driver for them?

AFAIK, they're simply a removable hard disc - just treat them as a
normal HDD, with mkfs/mount/umount . You don't need to partition them,
just use /dev/sdb or whatever they are, but you can if you like.

I've never had quite enough of them around at one time to make good use
of them, I'm afraid. At the UCC, I think there's one or two 44MB drives
and one 135MB drive, possibly with a cartridge each. ::-)

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal