[plug] cd-rom problems

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Mon Jan 15 15:25:18 WST 2001

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Gavin Corfield wrote:

> > mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom
>
> mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
>        or too many mounted file systems
>        (aren't you trying to mount an extended partition,
>        instead of some logical partition inside?)

<Obsillyquestion>
And there definitely currently is a data CD in that drive that is known to
work elsewhere?
</Obsillyquestion>

I'm afraid I don't know what else the problem can be

 - Matt

"Think of computer security like powertools. The day you think you are totally
 safe is the day you end up hurt."  -- Alan Cox 2000/12/21