[plug] /var/log/messages

Adam Davin Blade_badger at bigfoot.com
Fri Jan 19 10:13:45 WST 2001

Thanks matt, however the files are not in a gz format. Some further
experimentation (I was using mc to view the files) found that the problem
seemed to lie with MC itself. When viewing the current messages file with
MC I was presented the file in the usual format, however viewing any of the
.1,.2, .3 files presented me with a file where all spaces, tabs, and end of
line characters had been stripped out. However using other editors, gedit,
pico ... it displayed fine.

Well thanks anyway

Adam Davin