[plug] RH version problems with install

Kevin Shackleton kevins at wn.com.au
Sat Jan 20 08:42:41 WST 2001

In line with a recent thread, I am experiencing install problems with
RH6.2 on three old VESA 486DX100 boards.  The boot disc gets to probing
for a RAID array and kernel-panics.  I assume there's an unexpected
response from the VESA firmware that is interpreted as an unavailable
drive.

Is there a way of preventing that probe?  We never reached the solution
stage in the last thread.

Otherwise, RH5.2 does work, but I was looking at setting these machines
up as internet gateways and I think RH5.2 is now considered a soft
target.

K.