[plug] Quake II and mouse

Steve Vertigan vertigan at bigfoot.com
Wed Jan 24 23:47:08 WST 2001

I'm having some trouble getting quake2 to use the mouse when it uses my
new Voodoo2 card.  It's got me puzzled because according to the Quake
HOWTO it uses svgalib to process mouse and keyboard input and when I
start it in non-gl mode the mouse appears to work fine.  I have a
logitech wheelmouse plugged into the PS/2 port and in
/etc/vga/libvga.config I've tried all three of the following lines.

mouse PS2      # PS/2 mouse
mouse MouseMan # Logitech MouseMan
mouse IMPS2    # Microsoft IntelliMouse or Logitech MouseMan+ on PS/2
port

The protocol I specified in Xf86config which works fine is
MouseManPlusPS/2 so I would've thought the last one would be best but
nothing works.  It'll work if I set the display rendering to software
rendering but as soon as I set it to anything involving OpenGL it stops.

Any hints?

Thanks,
Steve

--
FreeBSD maestro.dhis.org 3.4-STABLE i386
11:35PM  up 9 days,  4:37, 1 user, load averages: 0.06, 0.01, 0.00